(aka editor, aka god)
Steps To Finding a Book Doctor
- 1. Find an individual whose fee incorporates all the editing services you will need to bring your baby to life. YOU WANT A GENERAL PRACTITIONER NOT A DOCTOR WHO SPECIALIZES IN JUST ONE AREA.
- Trust your gut
How I Found my Writer’s Midwife
Places To Look For Your Book Doctor
- Choose an individual over a Big Guy.
- Trust Your Gut
- Ask for a ten page edit of your work before paying the entire amount
- Ask to pay half up-front and the rest upon completion. ( This will tell you if the Book Doctor is confident that she can provide you with an excellent edit. Be skeptical if she won’t allow you to do this.)
- Shop for a Book Doctor whose editing services are all inclusive for a flat fee. (As I said, I pay .009 cents per word which includes all editing services. )