You might think I’m living the best days of my life right now,
but that isn’t the case at all.
1. I began reading the science fiction underground hit, Wool, last night.
2. Wool author Hugh Howey is a self-publishing success story.
3. A person in my Writer’s group asked: “Are there any self-published authors who are successful?” Another asked: “Will a traditional publisher or agent even look at your work if you are self-published?
4. My idea of success blog post #38.
What I Discovered
After reading over a hundred pages of Wool, I decided I needed to know more about the author.
Notes Taken from an Indie Reader article written by Hugh Howey:
- Howey’s latest self-published book debuted at #7 on the New York Times bestseller list this month.
- He has sold a million books in the last two years.
- He does not consider this time in his life the best days of his life.
A Little Howey Background
Golden Oreos On Self-Publishing
Howey’s Best Days
My happiest days were spent writing,
not being a bestselling author.
The Science Fiction Reality blog is a little science, a little fiction, a little about writing, a little real, and a lot of weird.
For those of you just joining us, Golden Oreos in my Wednesday blogs are those sweet words of inspiration and motivation for writers offered by successful authors. These words are energy for the writer’s soul.