Thanksgiving! Family Invasion! Turkey! Cranberries! And classic science fiction film!
For today’s blog I found a YouTube video since all parties involved—I feel sure—are busy with the holidays. Not much time for reading lengthy blogs or researching. (Overseas readers, I apologize. I know you don’t celebrate Thanksgiving.)
In Blog post #64, we talked about the similarity between the sounds emitted from Comet 67P and the sound made by the extraterrestrail alien in the 1987 classic science fiction movie, The Predator.
While surfing YouTubes, I found this video which was released in memory of Kevin Peter Hall (1955-1991). Hall portrayed the Predator. He died from aids related pneumonia contracted from a blood transfusion. He was only thirty-five years old—such a short life for such a talented man. I found the discussions on his Predator wardrobe/make-up and his personality fascinating. I hope you do also.
Designed by Ninja Ghost
To prove I love hearing from you, for those who share a comment, your name will be placed into THE MAGIC JAR. If you comment and link back to my blog from your blog, your name will be placed in the magic jar twice. On December 29, 2014, my alien friend ( or ghost) (or Walk-In) (or whoever is hanging around at the time) will reach into the jar and pull forth a name. That person can claim one of the following:
1. A Wyso/Danny ring handcrafted by my Native American friend, Neal Paquin of Santa Fe, NM, especially designed for my first novella, Wyso and the Other Creepy Kids on Gerard Street. (Picture below.) Sizes for children, women, and men. (Best choice. Simple. Elegant. One of a kind design.)
2. A $20 gift certificate to Amazon via email.
3. My opinion of the first twenty pages of your novel or novella. (Not that my opinion is worth anything, but it is someone else’s opinion. Something I look for every chance I get. Just thought you might be looking also.)
- Skinwalker Ranch. Urban Legend or Truth? - May 18, 2023
- Animal Mutilations, Urban Legend or Extraterrestrials? - May 4, 2023
- The American Horror Story of Willowbrook - April 20, 2023
4 replies on “The Predator, Kevin Peter Hall.”
Great post, really loved the Predator Movie and your Blog, put my name in the jar.
So glad you like the post, Bill. Yes, Predator is truly a classic film as well as a classic monster. I mean who matches his awesomeness in present day movies?
Name in THE MAGIC JAR.
I can’t believe I won! Sorry it has taken me some time to get to commenting again, i’ve been losing track of time lately and wake up with strange memories of different worlds ; ) I am sure its just my active imagination… right?
I’d love the Wyso Ring please, It would be pretty fantastic to have a part of the story to wear. Plus, the snake rings are incredibly beautiful. Did you know the snake represents shedding an old form and becoming a new version of yourself? Sounds like the perfect rings.
Personally, I love the youtube videos, the only problem is, I often check your blog at work when I have downtime and cant always watch the videos : / So as long as the writing around it details the same point then I dont feel like I miss much.
Keep up the excellent blog posting and I am so thrilled I won!
Congratulations DilloBoi! Your handcrafted Native American ring is on its way. Keep the comments coming, I love hearing from you.