Among recent summer blog posts, we have explored the realm of Walk-Ins. Since little has developed concerning the topic over the past three decades, I re-read Ruth Montgomery’s 1979 book, Strangers Among Us. She was a pioneer in the research aimed at discovering more about Walk-Ins.
Montgomery credits her writing with what she calls her unseen friends, her guides. Upon being told of an Extraterrestrial encounter, she asked her guides about the beings from space and if they were different from Walk-Ins.
Before, I report what her guides told her, here is the background on the UFO sighting.
The Extraterrestrial Backstory
Points of Interest:
- The sighting was reported by Dick and Helen Byrd. Dick was the namesake nephew of Admiral Richard Evelyn Bird—naval officer, explorer, aviator, and organizer of polar logistics. The younger Byrd’s roots go back to one of Virginia’s most illustrious and aristocratic families in American History. His father was U.S. Senator, Harry Flood Byrd. Montgomery said she offered this background to establish credibility.
- Dick and Helen Byrd were coming home from the theatre one summer night in 1951 when, about 1,600 feet in front of them, a circular object surrounded by a flaming gaseous substance settled down and landed. They took cover by a road-side cafe that was closed for the night.
- They did not report the incident due to his father’s position as a senator. But the next summer, Helen narrated the encounter to the Admiral who, Helen told Montgomery, was fascinated. The Admiral’s reaction and lack of surprise led Helen to believe it was some sort of experimental air force activity.
- In 1978, Dick privately told General George S. Brown, retiring chairman of the Joints Chiefs of Staffs, about the UFO sighting, and asked if he could see air force reports on UFOs. From a lengthy file, Dick learned that the heaviest UFO sightings occurred in 1952 and next in 1951. The air force had no explanation.
What Montgomery’s Guides Said
After Dick and Helen Byrd gave Montgomery permission to use their story in her book, she asked her guides about the close encounter. The guides confirmed that the UFO was real and not of Earth.
In the words of Montgomery’s guides:
Extraterrestrials are indeed on the earth at this time, having come here in what you term UFOs and taken the form of earthlings. They are not as numerous as one night suppose, but they are here, having activated the bodies of some humans who were eager to leave for space journeys to other planets. These are willing exchanges, but it has little to do with Walk-Ins.
The Difference Between Walk-Ins and Extraterrestrials
According to Montgomery’s Guides:
- Walk-Ins are human beings of earth origin, living and dying and being reborn or exchanging themselves for the body not wanted by another.
- A Walk-In’s mission is one of uplifting and advancing mankind.
- Extraterrestrials are on Earth to explore.
- Extraterrestrials mean no harm to humans. Their visits are a part of a valuable scientific project. They come for inspection and wonderment.
- Extraterrestrials are of different dimensions and compositions, but have souls, as do earthlings.
(ProbeNote: October 1969, Jimmy Carter, past US President, reported seeing a UFO. The sighting was two years before he was elected governor of Georgia. During his 1976 election campaign he vowed to reporters: “If I become President, I’ll make every piece of information that this country has about UFO sightings available to the public. I am convinced that UFOs exist, because I have seen one.” However, once elected, Carter distanced himself from disclosure, citing defense implications as being behind his decision.)
Fewer Extraterrestrial Reports
- They are finding new ways of entering the earth’s atmosphere. The air force is aware of some of this, and is less than open in its reports.
- Earth is in quarantine…by once again arriving at atomic technology…earthlings are not only polluting Planet Earth, but are unwittingly punching holes in the upper atmosphere and polluting free space. (Once again, remember this was written in 1979, years before the popular Global Warming chants.) Many of the UFOs are actually around Planet Earth to ‘clean up’ the pollution in space, so that this prematurely and immoderately released atomic pollution will not harm other planets.
- Extraterrestrial research is appraised in terms of millennia, however, not mere centuries or years.
Do I Think Montgomery is a WhackaDoo?
I don’t think one can be a science fiction writer, or an intelligent person, and not, at least, embrace the expanse of possibilities that exist on Earth, in our universes, and beyond. Mankind is in its infancy no doubt. To think we know it all or have all the answers is counter productive and limiting to the soul.
I have experienced extraterrestrials, and I’ve hosted a Walk-In. Am I believer? Without a doubt. And I will continue to search for answers understanding I may never find them, but only because I do not know the right questions to ask.
Perhaps, American astronomer, Carl Sagan, puts it into the proper perspective for us.
How about you? I’d love to hear your thoughts. Do you search for answers as well?
The Probe’s Mission Statement
The Probe is a blog devoted to the exploration of the unexplainable, to finding the truth in occurrences that resemble science fiction, and to researching and reporting on topics that could be flung upon the wall of weird. New posts are featured as often as I can find WiFi, and as often as I have something I think you might find interesting.
Join me here for more close encounters of the alien kind, or ghost kind, or animal kind, or travel kind, and please share your own. Science Fiction or Fact? Doesn’t matter to me. I just like a story that gives me the chills, makes me laugh, makes me think, or makes me imagine.
Sign up to get my slightly irregular blog posts delivered directly to your email. We are becoming popular. And thank you everyone for supporting me through all my learning of how to do a blog. If you haven’t signed up, better hurry. They’re going fast.
(BTW the animals pictures are my children’s animal totems. My daughter is Turtle. My son is Otter. My grand daughter is the Great Blue Heron. And Fox is my little grandson we lost in April but whose presence I feel every day.)