by Science Fiction author, Clara Bush
So intrigued by the opening narrative to SyFy’s television version of 12 Monkeys, I conducted a poll—which by no means is conclusive—but a random sample of like-minded sci-fiers. The results were neither shocking nor predictable, but rather: “Ah, yes. But of course.”
The Opening Narration
That Puts My Mind To Spinning Every Time I Think Of It or Hear It
- Yes, definitely!
- No, you idiot. Don’t mess with time.
- Yes, but probably shouldn’t.
- All of the above.
Best comments with regards to the POLL:
AH—I already hit the switch. 2020 is going to be a really bad year luckily time travel was invented in 2040 by me, so the crazy with the suitcase bomb doesn’t go to…Well it never happened now so no need to worry. Ha! paradoxes ye got to love them.
Interesting comments comparing 12 Monkeys the movie to 12 Monkeys the TV series:
PF—In a way I blame the show’s creators. They should have known early on that they were going to deviate significantly from the movie, and based on that, changed the name of their work accordingly. They could have attributed the original movie somehow differently rather than simply co-opting the name for themselves. Because in my opinion that just sets up hard feelings with rightfully offended viewers, who were pretty lead astray, by the bait, and switch.
- Would you hit the reset switch?
- Would you time travel to do so?
- How would you compare the movie version and TV version of 12 Monkeys.
blog post #89
The Probe—probing the unknown in science fiction, science, paranormal, fiction, ghosts, monsters, aliens, space, UFOs, strange, and weird.
- Were Ancient Astronauts the Anunnaki? - August 18, 2020
- Part 6: Ancient Astronauts and Religion — How Human Are the Gods? - July 14, 2020
- Part 5: Ancient Astronauts and Religion — What Are We? - July 14, 2020